If you love hope, charity, celebrations, and hammers make sure to join us for the 2019 edition of our Mixed Holiday Hat Tournament taking place on the afternoon of December 14 at Foote Field Dome.
Twas three nights before Christmas, when all through the Commonwealth
Lot’s of creatures were stirring, in this disc friendly house.
The hammers were flung through the air with no care,
In hopes that St Nolan soon would be there.
When out on the turf there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from the sideline to see what was the matter.
Away from the defender we flew like a flash,
Tore up the turf and made quite a dash.
They sprang to the air, to their team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard them exclaim, ‘ere they drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas Hat to all, and to all a good-night!"
Hat Tournament Details (now in prose form)
This tournament is about having fun and giving back. 100% of the profit will go towards the 2019 Clause's Cause. Players can suggest a charity when registering, and each team will be assigned a Clause's Cause to play on behalf of. This tournament is about Ultimate but it is just as much about our friends, family and our amazing Edmonton Ultimate community. 100% of the blood, sweat and tears will go towards the chance of winning a Candy Cane and hat tourney glory.
- When: Saturday, December 14, 2019, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Foote Field Dome - 11601 68 Ave (Indoor Facility)
- If you would like to donate additional money to the charity please bring it that night.
- Mixed, 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 Ultimate (depending on final number of registrants)
- 8 teams with 8 players each
Each team will play a minimum of 6 games. There will be a final showdown to determine a champion that will be awesome, absurd, and festive.
- Continuous (no pulls between points, changes on the fly), 20min per game
- In each game there will be a Carbon Clause that will be an effect for 2 min. They could choose alternate equipment (e.g. Santa hat instead of a disc) or new throwing rules. There's no limit to the absurdity of possible clauses!
- There will be a legit hat draw done by the Carbon Men's Masters Ultimate and Social Club. The sorting Santa hat will ensure gender and skill levels are equally distributed.
- New this year: Suggest a charity when you register! Each team will be assigned a charity that they are playing for via random draw. Repeated suggestions from different registrants makes for multiple entries.
- New this year: Suggest a clause when you register! The sky's the limit - give us some fun suggestions!
Registration: Sign up online now! Regisration will close on Friday December 6 or once all spots have been filled.
- "Stall 9 Hammer" registration: Miss the deadline with the holiday craziness? You can still get in late (up to December 12), but it will cost an extra $10.
- Note: VIP discount codes are not valid for registration in this tournament.