COVID-19 Guidelines for Play
Last updated: March 20 2021
All EUPA Cohort Leagues that are run under EUPA's COVID-19 Guidelines will operate as follows:
All leagues are being run in a cohort structure as per the Provincial Guidelines for Organized Sports.
- Players can be a part of at most one sports cohort of up to 50 people at a time.
- If a player cannot attend, subs in their place will not be allowed. The participation in multiple sports cohorts (without physical distancing during play) at the same time is not allowed.
- Within their cohort, physical distancing & masks will not be used while actively playing. While not playing (e.g. when on the sideline, putting on cleats, etc.), physical distancing of 2m must be observed.
- Keeping to these cohorts does not negate the need to practice good sanitation and hygiene (see guidelines below).
- Any spectators or family members who are not part of the cohort MUST practice physical distancing if they come to a league event.
- A 14 day break without participation in any sport cohort and without COVID-19 symptoms is required before switching cohorts.
- Participating in a cohort league increases your risk of exposure to COVID-19. The cohort league structure merely limits the potential for spread in case of exposure. If you or people in your cohort family are part of particularly vulnerable groups (e.g. are seniors, have respiratory illness, or are immunocompromised), we discourage participation in our cohort leagues.
Ambassadors will be assigned to each cohort to oversee compliance with safety guidelines.
- Ambassadors will have a coloured armband to indicate their role. Ambassadors will play, but are primarily responsible for overseeing conduct.
Ambassadors will bring game discs, scoreboards, and sanitizer.
- Game discs and scoreboards will be sanitized before being brought, and again upon the conclusion of play.
- Game discs will be replaced at halftime.
- Ambassadors or someone they nominate should be the only participants to adjust the scoreboards.
All participants must follow our safety guidelines.
Players must fill out our screening form and check in each night before playing
- All players must fill out our symptom screening form before playing.
- Attendance will be taken upon arrival at each field.
- You must both complete the symptom screen and check in with an ambassador before playing or otherwise breaking physical distancing (including warming up with others).
- If you arrive late, you must check in with the Ambassador at your game before playing.
- Players may bring a disc, but these discs can only be used to warm up. Discs must be washed thoroughly with soap and water or otherwise sanitized both before and after bringing them from home.
- Whenever not actively playing on the field, keep physically distant and practice good hygiene.
- Keep 2m of distance between players on the sidelines and when getting ready.
- Cover coughs and sneezes (using the inside of your elbow is recommended). If you blow your nose, cough or sneeze into your hand, or use a tissue, you must sanitize your hands.
- No handshakes or other celebratory contact.
- No sharing of water, clothing, or other equipment.
- Come as ready to play as possible: cleats (and gloves) should be the only equipment you need to put on.
- Players must fill out our screening form and check in each night before playing
Players must follow AHS isolation requirements, and remember that failure to do so could have legal ramifications.
If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, excessive fatigue, altered sense of taste or smell, or flu-like muscle or joint pain that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, you must isolate and not participate in our programming for 10 days.
- The mandatory isolation period is 10 days from the start of symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever takes longer.
If you have the above symptoms, tested negative for COVID-19, and have:
- known exposure to COVID-19, you are legally required to isolate for 14 days.
- no known exposure to the virus, you are not legally required to isolate.
- If any of the above symptoms develop, even after a negative test, you must self-isolate and not participate in our programming for 10 days or until symptoms resolve fully.
- You are legally required to isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms if you are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19 (provides care, lives with or has close physical contact without appropriate use of personal protective equipment, or comes into direct contact with infectious body fluids). If you become sick with cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat during this time, you must isolate for an additional 10 days from the beginning of symptoms or until you are feeling well, whichever takes longer.
- If you or one of your close contacts test positive for COVID-19, you must follow the directions of the AHS representatives who contact you and immediately notify us by emailing email@example.com.
- We recommend all our players complete AHS asymptomatic COVID-19 self test prior to participating in our cohort leagues to ensure you are not bringing the virus into the league as an asymptomatic carrier.
- If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, excessive fatigue, altered sense of taste or smell, or flu-like muscle or joint pain that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, you must isolate and not participate in our programming for 10 days.
A failure to follow these guidelines or the instructions of Ambassadors could result in removal from the cohort league.
To play in our cohort leagues, all players must consent to the following documents and statements:
- COVID-19 Waiver, Attestation, and Release of Liability
- EUPA Amateur Athletic Waiver
- If I develop a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, excessive fatigue, altered sense of taste or smell, or flu-like muscle or joint pain that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, I agree to stay home and abstain from participation in EUPA’s programming. I will isolate from my sports cohort for 10 days or until I get a negative COVID-19 test result, and will not return until symptoms resolve.
- If I or one of my close contacts test positive for COVID-19, I will follow the directions of the AHS representatives who contacted me and immediately notify EUPA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.