January 12, 2022
Thank you for registering for Frostbite Open 2022, here is the information package.
- Location: Commonwealth Community Rec Centre (CCRC) located at 11000 Stadium Rd NW, Edmonton.
- CCRC follows the Restrictions Exemption Program (REP), valid proof of vaccination or negative test is required. Any questions on what is valid documentation, contact CCRC directly, https://www.edmonton.ca/
- EUPA is following the provincial guidelines for Covid-19 restrictions, if any changes occur between now and Saturday the impacts will be communicated as soon as they are understood by the Tournaments Committee and EUPA board.
- Format: 6 Teams will be participating this weekend, 2 pools of 3 team followed by playoffs. Each team will have at least 1 bye during round robin and up to 1 bye during playoffs.
- Time: Our booking is 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please show up early and be ready on time, as the games begin at 10:30 am sharp for round 1 and 11:25 for round 2. The schedule is attached.
- Captain's Meeting: mandatory Captain's Meeting 15 mins before your first game at the field.
- Only water/sports drinks are permitted on the turf and therefore no food or drinks will be provided by EUPA.
- Consumption of food/non-water drinks is currently restricted by the province. Officially for recreation centres food may only be consumed in established areas, e.g. facility concession with designated tables (REP requirements may be enforced) or outside. We may be allowed to consume food within the fieldhouse (as we are the sole renter) off the turf, so along the change room doors close to Field 2. Please clean up any and all garbage. Eating in the hallways of CCRC will not be permitted.
- The winning team wins free entry to A4UC (February 26th, 2022 in Edmonton) or their Frostbite registration fee back if A4UC does not happen.
- Clean indoor running shoes or cleats - it is turf so cleats are allowed.
- Two jerseys of contrasting colours (i.e. black/dark and white).
- A water bottle.
- A disc.
- A mask
The 4v4 variation of ultimate follows the USAU 2020-2021 Edition Rules, with some 4v4 modifications as provided in the PSS 2022 Tournament Rules document.
We look forward to a fun-filled day of frisbee on Saturday! Good luck this weekend.
EUPA Tournaments Committee