Community Outreach Coordinator
Edmonton Ultimate Players Association (EUPA) is a not-for-profit organization offering a wide variety of opportunities for our membership made up of over 1000 new and experienced Ultimate players in the Edmonton, Alberta area. Our core focus is running recreational ultimate frisbee leagues and tournaments year-round. EUPA is run by an elected board of volunteer Directors and an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and the Executive Council, you will support EUPA programming by working with league members, Board and Committee members, volunteers, and vendors. The position is located in Edmonton, Alberta and will be a part time contract position for 10 to 15 hours a week. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Promote EUPA and the sport of Ultimate through creative marketing and media ventures, and by developing relationships with potential partners and sponsors.
- Ensuring strong communication between the association and its members by overseeing EUPA’s website, coordinating the distribution of regular newsletters, executing a social media strategy and soliciting feedback from users.
- Creating and maintaining a volunteer database and actively recruiting more volunteers to help run leagues, tournaments and in-school workshops.
- Ensuring volunteer engagement through the development of meaningful opportunities and recognition
- Providing support to the Operations Manager in maintaining the day to day administrative and financial management requirements of the organization, and with any additional tasks that may arise.
- Conducting other related field or office work as needed.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree or diploma in or a current student of marketing, communications, public relations, business or other related field.
- Demonstrated success in project management and working independently and strong organizational skills.
- A high level of proficiency with Google drive and office software, web technologies and social media.
- Experience working with photography and videography software is an asset.
- Experience working with a content management system is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers is an asset.
- Previous non-profit management or administration experience is an asset.
- Strong English verbal and written communication.
- Collaborative attitude, ability to excel in a team and an independent environment.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to multi-task and assess priorities.
- Enthusiastic personality with a passion for interpersonal communication and engagement.
- A flexible work style, with the ability to alter hours or focus to use time efficiently and effectively.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Access to personal computer with reliable internet connection.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation.
- Be legally allowed to work in Alberta, Canada.
The competition will close October 15th or when a suitable candidate is found. Short listing will begin immediately. Please include a cover letter with your resume, as well as available start date. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants in advance.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com Attn: Hiring Committee