Edmonton Ultimate Players Association (EUPA) is a not-for-profit organization offering a wide variety of opportunities for our membership made up of over 1000 new and experienced Ultimate players in the Edmonton, Alberta area. Our core focus is running recreational ultimate frisbee leagues and tournaments year-round. EUPA is run by an elected board of volunteer Directors and an Operations Manager.
As the Operations Manager, you’ll play a key role in developing the sport of Ultimate in Edmonton. Working with the EUPA Board of Directors and the Community Outreach Coordinator, you will be the go-to person for the day to day implementation of organization’s strategic vision.
- Managing all leagues and tournaments by coordinating field bookings, coordinating registration and payments, creating teams, scheduling games, communicating with captains and coordinating volunteers.
- Maintaining the day to day administrative services in order to meet legislative requirements, support EUPA operations and participate in planning/reporting along with the Board of Directors.
- Administering and monitoring EUPA’s finances in order to ensure that they are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring strong communication between the association and its members by soliciting feedback from users.
- Promoting the sport of ultimate frisbee to Edmonton and surrounding areas.
- Aiding the Community Outreach Coordinator by promoting EUPA and the sport of Ultimate through creative marketing and media ventures, and by developing relationships with potential partners and sponsors.
- Managing the workflow of contract employees.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree or diploma in outdoor recreation, sports and tourism, recreology, leisure studies, or other related field.
- Demonstrated success in project management and working independently and strong organizational skills.
- A high level of proficiency with Google drive and office software, web technologies and social media.
- Experience working with a content management system is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers is an asset.
- Previous non-profit management or administration experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the sport of Ultimate is an asset.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Collaborative attitude, ability to excel in a team and an independent environment.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to multi-task and assess priorities.
- Enthusiastic personality with a passion for interpersonal communication and engagement.
- A flexible work style, with the ability to alter hours or focus to use time efficiently and effectively.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Access to personal computer with reliable internet connection.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation.
- All applicants must have their Class 5 license with their GDL removed and be legally allowed to work in Alberta, Canada.
The competition will close when a suitable candidate is found but short listing will begin immediately. Please include a cover letter with your resume, as well as available start date. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants in advance.
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Hiring Committee