Register now for the Carbon Clause: X-mas Tournament
If you love hope, charity, celebrations, and hammers make sure to join us for our Co-ed Holiday Hat Tournament taking place on the evening of December 20 at Commonwealth Field House.
Twas three nights before Christmas, when all through the Commonwealth
Lot’s of creatures were stirring, in this disc friendly house.
The hammers were flung through the air with no care,
In hopes that St Nolan soon would be there.
When out on the turf there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from the sideline to see what was the matter.
Away from the defender we flew like a flash,
Tore up the turf and made quite a dash.
They sprang to the air, to their team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard them exclaim, ‘ere they drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas Hat to all, and to all a good-night!"
Hat Tournament Details (now in prose form)
This tournament is about having fun and giving back. 100% of the profit will go towards the 2015 Clauses Cause, Stollery Children's Hospital. As with last year our cause is near and dear top our hearts and once again played a key role in ensuring that one of our EUPA members children, and daughter of Carbon, is going to be here to celebrate with us this year. This tournament is about Ultimate but it is just as much about our friends, family and our amazing Edmonton Ultimate community. This year it is our goal to try and hit, and surpass, the $1,000 mark for the Stollery!
100% of the blood, sweat and tears will go towards the chance of winning a Candy Cane and hat tourney glory.
- When: December 20, 2015 - 5:00 to 9:00pm
- Where: Commonwealth Field House (11000 Stadium Road)
- Cost: $25 per player (if you would like to donate additional money to the charity please feel free to bring them that night.)
- Registration: Register as an individual online now! Registration will close on December 17th, or once all spots are filled.
- Co-ed, 4-on-4 Ultimate
- 8 teams with 8 players each
Each team will play 6 games. There will be a final showdown to determine a champion that will be awesome, absurd, and festive.
- Speed point (no stops, changes on the fly), 20min per game
- In each game there will be a carbon clause that will be an effect for 2min. These clauses will be chosen through feedback received our on Facebook event page. They could choose alternate equipment (aka. Santa hat vs. disc) or new throwing rules. Depending on how social the club gets over the holidays will determine the absurdity of the clauses.
- There will be a legit hat draw done at a neutral site by the Carbon Mens Ultimate and Social Club. The sorting Santa hat will ensure gender and skill levels are equally distributed.